Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, November 01, 2004

I was a busy little beaver this weekend. I decided to rip up my carpet after all. I will never have carpet again. The dust that accumulates under carpet is enough to make you shudder. Pulling up the carpet was the easy part (except for getting it out the front door - heavy and unweildy). It was prying up the carpet tack and a couple hundred carpet staples that was the time consuming part. Ugh. Something happened to the carpet padding under the staples. It's like it melted or something, because it was like hard candy pieces trapped under them. I had to use a screwdriver-like tool to pry the crap out before I could pry up each staple. I also found remnants of the previous carpet. Some kind of shag, but I found way too many different colors to be anything less than gaudy.

I really like it with the wooden floor. The only thing is, some idiot didn't put a drop cloth down when they painted, and wasn't too careful, either. I guess when they knew they were putting down carpet, they decided to have some 'fun'. Bastards. I could try and clean it up with Oops or paint thinner or something, but it might be just easier to refinish the floor. It's still in pretty good shape, but there's some kind of faint pattern in the varnish. I would need to do it eventually anyway. May as well be sooner than later.

I got all the furniture in the room except for the recliner. And the desk/table, which is currently housing my computer in the spare room. The recliner is now in the kitchen, which I kinda like. I've eaten breakfast there the past two mornings. I've got both couches in the living room, which I like also. I'm having second thoughts about giving up the couch for a while. I couldn't put the TV where I wanted to, because I couldn't get the cable through the floor. They must have put the end on after they threaded the cable. So before I have someone come out and redo the cable, I'll try it in the other corner.

I made a 'website' with FrontPage with pictures, but I can't figure out how to get it uploaded. Ken, HELP!!

6 Antiphon:

11:12 AM, November 01, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I want to see it!!!

 
12:47 PM, November 01, 2004, Blogger Technomage

Certainly I'll be at TKD tonight and point you in the right direction.

Refinish the wood floors you will be glad you did. Wood floors with polish and fresh wax looks beautiful! They can be slippery in stocking feet.

 
3:16 PM, November 01, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

You are so house ambitious! I still haven't even finished unpacking from my trip which I arrived home from a week ago!

 
9:01 PM, November 01, 2004, Blogger Ems

Amanda will slide on the floor in socks. And you know what will happen? She will fall and do one of two things, sge will either sprain her ankle or come on here and complain about not being able to sit down because of the enormous bruise she has on her butt. Just wait and see.

 
5:58 PM, November 02, 2004, Blogger Amanda

You know me so well. :)

 
1:20 AM, November 03, 2004, Blogger Ems

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home