Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Never mind that last post. The box was on my front doorstep that evening when I got home. I got to watch Rainbow Brite save the world from eternal winter. Yay! Dude, I'm going to be Rainbow Brite for Halloween next year. I'll have to start now on my costume.

I wish people would quit bringing food to work. Monday it was monster cookies, Tuesday it was trail mix, today it's fudge. Fudge! How am I supposed to stay away from fudge? I'm feeling especially fat lately. If I could lose twenty pounds...I think about what it would be like if my thighs didn't rub together when I walked. I could be comfortable wearing skirts without hose. I wouldn't have to have patches in the crotch of my jeans.

What brought this on? I think it's my mood improvement. I still use food as comfort, and when I'm in a crappy mood, I eat. Then I gain weight and feel fat. Ugh. That and I'm somewhat inspired by The Biggest Loser. I still hate the predatory aspect of it, but I really admire the contestants' will and dedication. I want the will and dedication. I want to push myself.

My ultimate goal is 160 pounds. I think the first 10 pounds or so will be easier, because I drift down to 170 pounds every once in a while. I just need to pay attention to what I'm eating, and add a couple days of excercise a week. And put a little more effort into TKD. I haven't been pushing myself as hard lately as I usually do. I did last night, and it felt really good. I want to feel that good more often. So I'm doing this. Wish me luck.

4 Antiphon:

1:39 PM, November 11, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I was just thinking about making fudge before I read your post. Now I really want to make some.

 
4:37 PM, November 11, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Good luck!

I'm taking my second home made lunch into work tomorrow- Cannot. Wait!

Helen

 
12:49 AM, November 12, 2004, Blogger Ems

Goos for you. I've been working on it too. Ever since I moved up here I have gained like twenty pounds and I have FINALLY worked a lot of it off. Not eating for three days helped! But thats NOT how I want to do it. I have given myself a goal. I would like to lose 50 lbs by March when I come home. So I am right there with you. Good Luck!

 
6:56 AM, November 12, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Right there with you. Oh, yes. And, good luck!

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home