Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Never order anything over the internet right before the weekend. I think I'm spoiled, though. Didn't it used to take 6-8 weeks for things to arrive when you ordered them by catalogue? I chose Super Saver Shipping (who wouldn't - it's free!), but it can be slower than standard shipping. I ordered Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer from Amazon.com on Wednesday. I got the shipping email late on Friday. I checked the tracking this morning, and it's still in Lexington! It's been sitting there since Friday night! I want my movie!

I remember going to see this in the theater. I especially remember the scene where Rainbow Brite and Starlight ride the rainbow in outer space and save the world, because I got goosebumps. It was one of the most beautiful pictures I'd ever seen. It's funny what affects you like that when you're seven. I felt the same way when I saw the opening scene of Beauty and the Beast. The music, the way the 'camera' 'moved' through the forest...I was enraptured. Even after I've seen that movie fifty times, I still get a little thrill from that opening scene. And I still tear up when the Beast dies, but don't tell anyone.

I am impatient to watch this movie again. There are a lot of movies that we watched over and over again that I'd like to get my hands on. Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure, The Hugga Bunch, The Secret of the Sword...I don't know why these marketing departments have not capitalized on this. I love that I'm able to get my hands on my favorite 80's shows, but faster! Faster!

I have no patience.

2 Antiphon:

10:58 AM, November 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

6-8 weeks? Yes. Yes, it did sometimes, although 28-day delivery tended to be the standard.

Sign of the times, that one gets impatient now if it doesn't arrive in 24 hours! Amazing really, how fast it is these days.

~CosmicAvatar

 
1:25 PM, November 09, 2004, Blogger Ems

Do you know how hard it is to find the Hugga Bunch? I cant even find it on VHS, which I would settle for in waiting for the DVD version. I wouldnt watch the part where the elephant was evil, ever. It scared me too much! There's nothing a hug wont solve! LOL. Ands Ragedy Ann... memories of staying home from church cuz I was sick, and I would ALWAYS watch that movie. Candy hearts and paper flowers ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home