Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas was odd this year. Mostly because I missed my sister, but also because there were a lot of traditions that we missed because Dad had to work from 6 to 6 on Christmas Day. I got everything done Thursday and was home by eight. My brother and I spent Friday watching Season 3 of Buffy (finished by the end of the weekend - yay!). We opened presents Christmas Eve when Dad got home, so didn't get to go to Grandma's for oyster stew and chili. However, they didn't do that anyway, so Mom invited the rest of the family over to Pastor's instead. Yeah, I know. Opening presents went really quick, since there were only four of us.

Woke up the next morning around ten and did stockings and opened the presents Santa left for us. I retried the Black Forest cake for supper, which turned out really well. I hadn't whipped the eggs well enough on the other. We whipped them for almost 10 minutes on the standing mixer, and I only did 15 by hand. I'm getting Mom's old standing mixer (she got a new one a while back), so hopefully that will no longer be a problem. We had our traditional crab legs and twice baked potatoes and corn casserole with my dessert.

So watched movies and Buffy and slept and hung out. Very relaxing, dislike being back at work very much.

Loot list:

  • porcelin Strawberry Shortcake doll - she's so pretty! She's in the old style, none of that new doll stuff, and about a foot tall. I like her lots.
  • sheets
  • Best Recipe cookbook
  • throw blanket - made by mommy!
  • skirt/top/poncho outfit
  • long underwear
  • tons of socks - thermal, dress, and fuzzy
  • Dodgeball
  • Return of the King extended edition
  • season two of South Park (Lew forgot to give it to me one year, so he thought he'd catch up)
  • Disney's Robin Hood
  • Hardcover copy of The Hero and the Crown
  • Cake, Pressure Chief
  • heating pad
  • candle
  • South Park the movie
  • 13 Going on 30
  • salt and pepper shakers


There is probably a couple more things that I can't remember. If I remember, I'll edit them in. It was a good weekend, though. I am really sore today, because I finally went to my chiro yesterday, and I was really out. Especially my neck.

I'm planning on hitting the after-Christmas sales tonight. Hopefully there's some Christmas cards left.

4 Antiphon:

11:45 PM, December 28, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

Eeeep! I meant to buy "Happy New Year" cards, but I forgot. It's starting to look like I won't be sending an cards this year after all...

You got a lot of movies for Christmas!

 
5:35 AM, December 29, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Nice loot!

And also, it soudns like the Black Forest Cake is improving, due to the whisking. It'll end up being superb!

Sorry you're back at work [frown]

Callie

 
6:12 PM, December 29, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I know all about having an odd Christmas.

 
3:17 PM, December 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Eeee, you got your RotK at last! Sounds like things went well, but yuck for being back at work!

CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home