Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I am told I did well at Testing. I was so focused, I didn't pay enough attention to anyone else to pay them a compliment. Apologies. I did break both my boards on the first try, though my poor hand hurt afterwards. I was so exhausted afterwards, I about fell asleep on Chelsea's shoulder. I slept a lot this weekend.

I am also blind. I sent my contacts home with Mom Friday night, to get them in to the Vision Center to send them to the lab for cleaning and polishing. I probably won't get them back until Friday. I am alternating between my glasses and my last contact prescription. My glasses have better vision correction, but wearing them too long gives me a headache. But I've been getting used to them, so I've been able to wear them longer. But I still can't see very well with either one. It's amazing how much I take my eyesight for granted. I've often thought if I lived in an earlier time period, my eyesight would not be corrected so well, and life like this would be normal for me.

I miss my contacts.

I'm planning what's turning out to be a dinner party for the gang on Friday night. I spent an hour yesterday afternoon reading cookbooks and trying to decide a menu. I am rather excited to drag out my nice dishes and drink wine and have a sit down dinner. I'm also eager to try out this Black Forest Cake recipe that I found in my new cookbook. Except that I have to be in Cedar Rapids all day Friday, and don't know if I'll have enough time for everything. I'll work it out.

3 Antiphon:

3:20 PM, December 13, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

You can break boards?! [/jealous]

 
3:51 PM, December 14, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oooh, a dinner party? I'd lvoe to throw one- in Leeds, my housemate used to sometimes, and we'd have prawn cocktail for starter, and sliced bread on a plate and everything, and a meal, and wine, and pudding... music on, candles/lamps lit...

I wanna do a dinner party!! [/pout]

And yeah- envious of the board breaking!!

Callie

 
10:40 AM, December 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Well done on the testing! Board-breaking sounds very impressive (and painful).

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home