Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

I got my contacts back in the mail on Tuesday! They said it would be Friday at the earliest, but I got them Tuesday! Yay for sight! They were a bit cloudy after I put them in, so I called the Vision Center to ask if the lab said anything about them. They said that they noticed that the thickness was off. Usually hard contacts have a depth of 10, but mine were 9 something. The doctor looked in my file, and I've had this particular pair of contacts for almost 10 years! Wow. Turns out, 10 years of wear and cleaning wear away 1/10th of your contacts. Interesting little fact. I gave them a more thorough cleaning last night, so they aren't as cloudy today, but I think it's about time for a new pair of lenses.

3 Antiphon:

10:38 AM, December 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

10 years?! Woooow. Mine barely lasted a month because I was always ripping them. Mind you, mine were soft. [doh]

Contacts are brill.

~CosmicAvatar

 
12:40 PM, December 16, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

I read this little known fact about contact thickness just yesterday. I can't think where... ;-)

 
2:43 PM, December 16, 2004, Blogger Ems

Interesting to know. But I think my left one is older than my right one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home