Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I had my first appointment with my very own client today. I usually just work on other people's clients, but today I started with my very own. Sure, they just called into the office, I didn't actually hand them my card and said, "Give me a call," but they are still my very own. I feel giddy.

It feels good to be starting to build my own client base. As you move up in the organization, you're supposed to do that, and I probably should have more than one client by now, but I have been handing out cards like a mad woman lately. Most promising is that I gave a whole stack to Aunt Judy. The accountant that they refer clients to is retiring, so they're looking for someone. That someone might be me! Referrals! Clients! I am becoming a pillar of the community! Or maybe not quite.

2 Antiphon:

3:48 PM, December 14, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Go you with the client-getting!! [clap]

Callie

 
10:38 AM, December 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Ooooo - exciting!

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home