Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I have so much to blog about, but I can't get connected to the internet at home. I think I've run into a virus or something, so I'm gonna have to do a little detecting to figure out what's going on.

Let's see...dinner party. My crisis was the cake. I was going to try a Black Forest Cake, but it fell, and I didn't have time to try it again. I fell back on a tried and true caramel chocolate cake, so that worked out okay. Everything else went smoothly. Although if I ever do this again, I'm getting a firm number of people and no one can back out unless they get a replacement. I might accept death as an excuse, but that's it. I did get to use my dishes for the very first time ever. I bought them when I was in high school and had all this disposable income, but never have had the chance to use them. They occupied the space under Emily's bed for years...I think they were one of the banes of her existence.

I went home Saturday, since family Christmas was on Sunday afternoon, and I knew that it would be appreciated by Mom since Lew decided not to come home until Wednesday, and Emily...well, Em isn't coming home at all. I helped decorate the Christmas tree (lost my balance and fell onto the gliding rocker and got myself a pretty bruise) and Mom and I watched my new copy of 13 Going On 30. Sunday was also quite fun, I played with Calvin and Malea most of the time. My kids are so adorable! Malea is so good with colors for being only two, and we were rolling around crying with laughter at her kick-up-her-heels antics. I did have a little incident with Calvin. We were playing and he threw something at me. I said, "I'm not playing with you anymore." "Why not?" "I don't want to play with someone who throws things at me." He went and hid under the table for a while, I think he felt bad. But I did support him when I told him to figure out a solution for sharing marbles with Malea and he did and then Malea wanted more than her share.

Went to see Blade Trinity with the gang last night, which was a great movie. Wesley Snipes is such a badass. [grin]

4 Antiphon:

8:22 PM, December 21, 2004, Blogger Technomage

I'm so sorry I could get to you dinner party. I really wanted to be there. I wasn't backking out, but I can't leave my wife with a fever, projectile vomiting and three kids. Go figure... You would think she could just suck it up, and let me go party. (Just kidding ...looking for that AssH*le of the year award.)

 
2:32 AM, December 22, 2004, Blogger Ems

Actually, those dishes probably held that bed up for a few of those years!!! LMAO!

 
11:41 PM, December 22, 2004, Blogger jenn

hmmm, should you ever need to just make a number of black forest cakes over and over until you get it right - please do invite me over! Gah, I could eat black forest like nobody's business. This is directly related to my working out every day I've been at my mom and dad's (and their fully stocked sweets).

mgan

 
3:37 AM, December 26, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Sounds cool!! On the party and the Christmas [grin]

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home