Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

I love Christmas. I love the traditions, I love giving presents, I love the food, I love the carols, I love the decorations, and I love the spirit.

I started the season off by going to the grand re-opening of the Englert Theater. My neighbor came by Thursday night, said she and her husband had to go out of town suddenly, and they weren't going to be able to go, and asked if I could use them. Of course! I took Todd (check him out in the background of the second picture! - I got blocked by a head) and we had an enjoyable night watching A Christmas Carol. The actor playing Scrooge did a wonderful job.

I spent today putting up decorations and my tree, and wrapping the presents I've bought so far. I forgot to buy tinsel at the after-Christmas sales last year, so I'll have to pick some up tomorrow. One of my favorite tasks every year is to unwrap each ornament. Each one brings a memory of the year that I bought it, and the ones from my childhood are especially rich with memories.

This year will be kinda sad, with Emily gone. Dad has to work from 6 am to 6 pm on Christmas Day, so those traditions will not be perfomed, either. Which may be a good thing. If we do something different, not having Emily there might not be so painful.

1 Antiphon:

1:52 PM, December 07, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Happy finding of the Christmas spirit- I was thinking about our decorations yesterday, and the memories they hold.

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home