Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My eyes are really bad. My prescription is -11 diopters, which translates into 20/1800. Which, to emphasize, what I see at 20 feet is what normal people see at 1800 feet. 1800 feet is a third of a mile. Or half a kilometer. My eyes are really bad.

I wear hard contact lenses, because neither soft contacts nor glasses will hold my prescription. It's great in part, because I've been wearing this particular pair of contacts for over three years. But after a while, they can get protien deposits, and you can barely see a thing.

That happened to me yesterday. My right contact got all cloudy, and I couldn't see through it all day. It was driving me nuts. I tried cleaning it well last night, but no dice. So I bought an enzyme cleaner at Osco this morning and soaked my lenses all morning. I wore my glasses, which are really cute, but give me a headache. I probably should have grabbed my spare pair of lenses, which are a prescription ago, but being fuzzy is better than having headaches.

The enzyme thing worked okay, but I'll have to send my lenses in for cleaning and polishing soon. Which means that I'll have to wear my old lenses for at least a week.

3 Antiphon:

7:51 PM, December 08, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

My mom wants me to get new glasses. She needs to spend her flex money. It has been two years, but I barely wear them as it is. I did notice it was hard to see the other end of the hall at work today though.

 
7:52 PM, December 08, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

Corey calls my current pair of glasses my "smart glasses." I haven't seen him forever. I should make sure to see him over break. I haven't been home for a very long time.

 
12:25 PM, December 10, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I have glasses but I'm very very mild in needing them- and anything on the bridge of my nose creates a nasty kind of tingling and really bothers me.

God help me in old age when I need them....

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home