Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I made someone's day yesterday. I was headed across Clinton street when I looked down and saw a wallet on the ground. I had to look twice. Just a wallet, sitting on there. ID, credit cards, membership cards, and about $7 in cash. I picked it up and looked around, kinda hoping I'd see someone looking for a wallet (?), but nothing. I also thought about taking it in to the lost and found at the mall, but who knows if she would think to go there, if she even knew where she lost it.

I saw that she was a student, so I stuck it in my pocket, and when I got back to my computer, I looked up her email address on the University website. A couple hours later, I got a very grateful phone call. "You are so nice! I love you!" I told her where I was and that I would leave it at the front desk for her. I went out later that afternoon to see if she had gotten it. The receptionist said, "She said to tell you, 'Thank you'. She looked inside and said, 'The cash is even still there!'"

My good deed for the day. It is so unnerving to lose your wallet, or even to think that you've lost your wallet. And the hassle of canceling your cards, replacing them, and not knowing if you're going to get your identity stolen. I saved her from all that. It gives me a warm fuzzy.

5 Antiphon:

10:29 AM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Yay! That is was very nice of you. The next time I lose my wallet, I hope you find it. :-)

 
12:52 PM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Of course you remember to order that bed and dining room set off the internet before you returned her credit cards.

 
10:36 AM, January 27, 2005, Blogger jenn

it is kinda funny to think of stealing the $7 from her wallet. Well, not funny for her. But you know what I mean...

If I'm going to steal it needs to be ONE MILLION DOLLARS! [/Dr. Evil]

 
10:36 AM, January 27, 2005, Blogger jenn

Ummm, I really should clarify that I don't steal.

Most of the time.

 
4:06 PM, January 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Very Good Samaritan!

Someone did that for Simon when he lost his wallet, he still had his old student card in there.

So well done you, you get brownie points!

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home