Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

My mom and I are a lot alike. She and Dad stopped by my office on the way to Ames last week, and after they left, our temporary receptionist commented on how much we look alike. We have very similiar body structure and Mom has apologized on more than one occasion for giving me her knees. On occasion, it's come in handy, especially when I wanted to borrow her clothes.

Recently, however, I've discovered I've developed one of her less appealing qualities. Bananas give Mom gas. I happen to love bananas. It is one of my favorite fruits, especially when they're green or in my oatmeal. As part of my new eating habits, I've increased my fruit intake as well...let's just say it's a *very* good thing I have my own office.

4 Antiphon:

9:51 PM, January 20, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Remind me to line up upwind from you during line exercises. ESPECIALLY, if we do that Ames style nine across!

 
12:00 PM, January 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Bwahaha! Mind you, you have to watch out for, ahem, "gas" in an enclosed space as you can get used to it - then someone walks in and nearly keels over. I prefer to let mine waft gently and anonymously around the office, although I have yet to confound the law that states that whenever I let one off, someone picks that moment to come over and ask me something...

That was TMI, wasn't it?

~CosmicAvatar

 
1:00 AM, January 23, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Hahahahahahahaha!

Two Amandas telling TMI gas stories. This is too much!

 
7:58 AM, January 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Isn't it typical, that an area of the office is empty for ages, you go to photocopy and as it's quiet,. let off a sneaky little one... and then the world, its neighbour and its landlord choose to walk by?

Oh and recently, baked beans have made me gassier than I remember being before....

[/TMI entry]

Callie [blush]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home