Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, January 17, 2005

My reputation as home improvement maven has been besmirched. I tried two projects yesterday, and both of them flopped. I tried to replace the vent from my dryer to outside. Turns out this stuff is made mostly of aluminum wrapped into a coil. The thing kept falling apart on me, and what started out as 15 feet turned into eight. Which comes up way short. So now I'm still venting moist air into my basement until I can buy more venting. Not good.

I also finally bought a drill so I could drill holes my wall to put up my curtain rods. The curtain rods I bought at about the same time I bought my living room furniture...yeah, that project's been sitting a while. So the drill bits I bought weren't big enough for the screw anchor thingers, and trying to force them into the wall with a hammer resulted in broken screw anchors. So now in addition to a bigger drill bit, I have to find screw anchors that are similar to the ones that came with the curtain rod.

After that I gave up and watched Lost and Alias. I was all excited when I thought they were going to kill someone off on Lost. I thought, "How Joss Whedonish!" and then they copped out. Cowards.

2 Antiphon:

3:20 PM, January 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Well props for trying, I wouldn't know where to start!

Callie

 
2:15 PM, January 18, 2005, Blogger Ems

ah, curtains, man's nemesis.When we bought the curtaina for the bedroom. I wanted Matthew to hang them up. He wouldnt and I got all pissed and pulled a dad and did it myself, stomping around and cursing and such, you remember. Anyway, I got the first screw in fine on my own with no stool to stand on, no drill and no idea that you were supposed to use the anchors. So I got the second screw in and hung up the rod and it pulled out of the wall. After much swearing Matthew finally told me that I was supposed to use those thingys. By then there was a big hole on the right side and the anchor didnt even fit. So we filled the hole with wood glue and glued the anchor, the screw and the bracket to and into the wall. So ask me what we are gong to do coime Thursday when it is time to move and I cant get my bracket out of the wall. I dont know will be the answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home