Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, February 28, 2005

I had a day off yesterday. It was nice. I slept in until nine, went to church, picked up my Girl Scout cookies (oh good, I did order two boxes of the Peanut Butter), did the books, came home...oh wait this part's interesting.

I cooked. I came home about two, pretty hungry. My grocery shopping has been sporadic at best, and I only buy things that don't seem to go with anything else. I'm looking in the fridge, freezer, and cupboards for something that will go together. I look in the cupboards and see a box of spaghetti and think, "Hmmm. Spaghetti. I could do something with that." But I wasn't really in the mood for traditional spaghetti, especially since all my bread was at work and I couldn't make garlic bread.

A white sauce. A white sauce sounds good. Oooh, garlic white sauce. Hey, here's some frozen spinach. That would go nice with a white sauce over spaghetti. It was good. I also did up a couple chicken breasts. I'm out of propane for the grill and didn't feel like dragging out the George, so I fried it in butter and Italian dressing. That was really good. The whole ensemble was really good, and I'm pretty pleased with myself one, for actually cooking, and two, for cooking something really good out of what seemed like nothing.

So I cooked and watched television for the rest of the day. I am now caught up to February 11th. Can I say how much I'm not impressed with this season of Alias so far? Keep in mind that I just watched the one where Sydney got bit, so if there's more interesting stuff down the line you can tell me. But don't spoil me. Oh, and channel 9 is preempting this week's for Iowa State basketball again (gag me with a spoon), so make sure you find out when it's actually showing.

4 Antiphon:

10:08 AM, March 01, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I agree with you on Alias. That was a stupid episode. I think the next one is a little better. Thanks for the reminder about the different air time. Stupid ISU games. Don'te they know we don't care about them?

 
12:09 PM, March 01, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Your meal sounds quite tasty.

Also, you said "gag me with a spoon"! Heeeeeeeeee!

 
10:51 AM, March 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Garlic bread and Alias. I Want Some Of That Now.

~CosmicAvatar

 
10:55 AM, March 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

p.s. although by Alias I mean the S1 and S2 DVDs I've bought. S4 isn't airing yet. There.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home