Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The last week of January always sucks, but this one sucked in particular. After working 70.3 hours by 3:00 Saturday, I was done. I went and saw Phantom of the Opera with my cousin, went home and crashed. Sunday I felt like crap. I had brought stuff home to work on, but I ended up going back to bed after going to church and not doing much else. So I didn't make my charge hour budget last month after all. And when I got yelled at first thing Monday morning for not getting the front page of the tax website done before the deadline, it was the last straw. I sat in my office and cried.

I ended up discussing the situation with my mentor and wrote a letter to the offender, and I felt much better after doing so. I look forward to February 1st almost as much as March 15th and April 15th. The work is spread out all over the month instead of crammed in at the very end. It's much less stressful that way.

2 Antiphon:

7:11 PM, February 01, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

February 1st has arrived!

I'm sorry you had a bad week. 70.3 hours is so many. :-(

 
2:58 PM, February 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

That sounds an awful week!

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home