Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

So Pierre Pierce has been arrested again. He was kicked off the basketball team last week, to which I said, "It's about time." Iowa basketball has become everything I hate about professional sports. And I'm chalking it mostly up to Steve Alford. I've heard too many stories from too many reliable sources not to believe at least some of them true. The man believes he is above everyone else and thinks he should be handed everything on a silver platter. Pierce has only taken his cue.

Not to excuse what he's done. I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for a rapist on a scholarship. Excuse me, accused-rapist-pled-guilty-to-a-lesser-charge on a scholarship. Now that Pierce is gone, I can't help but feel we've only removed the blemish. The seeds go much deeper, and until Alford goes, we're on the same downward spiral.

2 Antiphon:

12:48 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Technomage

It's not just IOWA, it's all over. Look at Kobe and Shaq. Kobe got to stay becuse he put more points on the board and Shaq was given the boot. Even when Shaq is a model of dictorum. We cut our best players too much slack, because they do well. The players, coaches and fans know this is true. We don't care what you do off the field as long as you win games for us. IF Pierce was at 40 Points a Game you would have not heard word one.

 
12:55 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger Amanda

That's what I meant about professional sports. I think that's a big reason why Pierce wasn't gone the first time. The scuttlebutt is, that Skorton told Alford it was either him or Pierce, and of course Alford chose his own butt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home