Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, February 14, 2005

There's nothing like walking in the door to the smell of food cooking. This morning I threw round steak, potatoes, and onion soup mix in the crock pot, and right now I am enjoying an excellent stew.

What is up with these kids today? I wanted to give out Valentines this year, and I thought since I was teaching at the Nest tonight, I would give them to the kids. I bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle valentines and spent the first half of the Kill Bill marathon Saturday night addressing and sticking fun size candy bars to the one side. (I went to bed about fifteen minuted into Volume 2. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.) I think about two kids in each of three classes said 'thank you' when I handed them out. Ingrates.

My mommy is again my valentine this year. She's so thoughtful! I wish I could remember to be that thoughtful.

And it seems I can't log into the work site, so I guess I go read Harry Potter. I'm almost done with this blasted book and I can go read something nice and boring!

2 Antiphon:

11:33 AM, February 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Grr ingrates.

Mmmmmmm stew...

Callie

 
11:19 PM, February 17, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I got a couple of the kids gave me Valentine's tonight. Josh and Randal got some as well, of course. They were from the Barker boys. They came with good chocolate as well. Too bad for you that we switched nights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home