Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, February 11, 2005

You know how I usually read before bed to relax? I'm re-reading Order of the Phoenix and it just riles me up. That Umbridge woman just puts my stomach into knots! Then I turn off the light and try to sleep and I'm just so upset I don't fall asleep very quickly. I also have a hard time putting it down. I haven't read it since I first got it and read it all in one go, so I can't remember half of what happened. Which is kinda nice, because it's like reading it again for the first time. Sometimes it's nice having a poor memory.

8 Antiphon:

4:29 PM, February 11, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

That Umbridge woman is horrible!

I do the same as you with the Harry Potter books. I read them so quickly that I really can't remember the details even a week or two later.

 
6:07 PM, February 11, 2005, Blogger jenn

Heee, my roommate is like this with movies. We own a few that she'll watch over and over and not remember them. There are times where she'll make the same observation at the same point in a movie.

But she is extreme.

I've not read the book. I know, I know...

 
11:12 PM, February 11, 2005, Blogger Ems

I dont remember either. I dont even know which woman you are talking about. I HARDLY remember that one at all.

 
11:13 PM, February 13, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Guys...here's a hint.. Date a lady with a poor memory. I've taken my wife to the same play three times over ten years and she never remebers it and she always in enjoys it. It makes renting movies a snap too! I can pick out the ones I know she will like because she has seen them before.

More on topic... I read before bed, and I make it a point not to read anything that will mess up my sleep. Tonight's reading is: Eats, shoot and leaves. by Lynne Truss

 
10:37 AM, February 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Now, now. That Umbridge woman is very naice deep down, I'm sure. Hem, hem.

~CosmicAvatar

 
7:48 PM, February 14, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I am willing to loan you my biostatistics book or maybe Evolutionary Analysis if you need something to read before bed.

 
11:35 AM, February 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Who's the Umbridge woman?? I read the book when it came out, which was what 18 months ago!

Callie

 
12:16 AM, February 17, 2005, Blogger P@

Umbridge is one of the only things I remember from Book 5. I don't know who they'll get to portray her in the movie, but she'll be hated. Oh yes, she WILL be hated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home