Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Calvin turns 5 today. He had his birthday party on Saturday, because he wanted to have a party with "all my friends". He did end up having a good turnout, there were fifteen kids there. Most of the party was held in the school gym, so the kids could run around. We played with the balls beforehand (I still know how to shoot a basketball!), and then played games like Musical Chairs, Duck Duck Goose, and Steal the Bacon.

Then they went into the cafeteria for cupcakes and ice cream, and Calvin opened presents. After that, they went back into the gym to play until their parents picked them up. Then the family showed up for a potluck and more cake and more presents. Spoiled kid. :) My gift is that I'm going to take him to Toys 'R' Us to pick something out, and then go to McDonald's. After tax season. I do my share of spoiling. I thought it would be more fun to go some random time than open something up in a sea of presents. Plus, we can go play with the toys.

But then, as I was leaving, my mother said something upsetting to me, and ruined my whole weekend. I didn't realize she was still upset with me, but I guess she is. It's not something I can help, which makes it all the more upsetting that she expects me to do something about it.

5 Antiphon:

11:35 AM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Technomage

I've never heard of "Steal the Bacon". Please describe.

What is your mom upset about? You can't just leave us all hanging.

Last time I talked with my mom she brust into tears, telling me how much she loved me, my wife and my kids. She really wanted me to know that , before anything happen to her or me.

 
11:44 AM, March 21, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Steal the Bacon is a game where there is an item in the middle of the gym, in this case we used a plastic pig - when I was little, we used a chalkboard eraser, and the kids are divided into two teams. Each kid is assigned a number, so that there is a kid on each team that has the same number. The leader then calls out a number, say 7, and the kid on each team whose number is 7 races to the middle, and the first person to get the "bacon" wins a point for their team. Because this was four and five year olds, we didn't keep score, but they had a fun time anyway.

I can leave you hanging, and I believe I will. I will tell you what I feel like telling you, and I don't feel like saying any more.

 
12:52 PM, March 23, 2005, Blogger Ems

One of the most self depricating things we can do is tell ourselves that there is nothing we can do. There is always something that we can do, even if it seems small and stupid to us, it may mean the world to someone else. Dont ever tell yourself that there is nothing that you can do. Otherwise nothing is exactly what you will end up doing.

 
12:15 AM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Know what dress colors highlight your hair, your eyes and your skin tone, and what style lines are most flattering for your body type. Buy your Prom Dresses to fit and flatter your current figure; it wouldn?t be safe to buy a smaller size if you?re still hoping to lose weight by prom night. You want a fit that skims the body with enough ease to move comfortably and gracefully.

 
12:15 AM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Know what dress colors highlight your hair, your eyes and your skin tone, and what style lines are most flattering for your body type. Buy your Prom Dresses to fit and flatter your current figure; it wouldn?t be safe to buy a smaller size if you?re still hoping to lose weight by prom night. You want a fit that skims the body with enough ease to move comfortably and gracefully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home