Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, March 14, 2005

I have had a CD on my Amazon wishlist for almost three years now. It's a CD by the band that played Verucca's band on Buffy in Season 4, called THC. It's out of print, and I see it come and go, always at a high price. There are three used listed on Amazon right now ranging from $69.50 to $99.99. I've seen it on eBay three or four times, each time going for in the $50-$60 range.

I have it as a favorite search on eBay, so it emailed me last week telling me the CD is up for sale again. I usually wait until the end of the auction to bid, but this time, I changed my strategy. I bid $40 at the beginning of the auction, thinking I would be outbid at the end of the auction, but I had an email this morning saying I had won it...for $26!

Three years is a long time to be patient, but it was completely worth it. Assuming the seller comes through with the merchandise, which is not always an assumption you can make. I have an automatic purchase agreement for this CD on Amazon, and I actually bought it once, and the seller didn't come through and I had to get my money back. So cross your fingers everyone!

5 Antiphon:

11:02 AM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Technomage

It is amazing how close this post is to mine.

Do you have a CD burner on that new computer of yours? have you thought about trying to download the song then burn your own mix?

Although, something can be said about possesion of the original CD, just having the music to listen to can be cool also.

 
12:18 PM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Fingers crossed!

That's exciting when you get something you've wanted for so long.

 
5:05 PM, March 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I just said on Min's Blurty, about a hard to get CD I managed to find. I must try and hunt again for the other one...

Callie

 
7:20 AM, March 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Aaaahhh! That must be so exciting. Except for the being let down part. Fingers crossed you are successful this time!

~CosmicAvatar

 
12:19 AM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Prom Gown-Prom Dress-Bridal Gown Directory offers wide range of carefully selected web sites about what we value most: Prom Gowns, Prom Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Bridal Dresses and more. You are welcome to browse categories that interest you most and visit sites that we selected. The directory is now at its seed stage and growing fast. Welcome to Prom Gown-Prom Dress-Bridal Gown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home