Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I knew I should have stopped wearing these pants until I lost a few more pounds. This particular pair of pants that I am wearing right now is cut a little odd, I think, because the waist can cut into my tummy and pooches out in the back of the waist. But that's not my problem right now. The problem is, I just lifted my legs to sit cross-legged in my chair (not the most ergonomic, I know, but I find it comfortable), and heard a huge rip.

Yes, there is now a huge rip in the seat of my pants. Damn good thing this is the end of the day and I wore a long coat. I'm taking it as a sign to go home.

3 Antiphon:

12:19 PM, March 16, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

That is an excellent sign to go home. At least you aren't the only person to rip your pants at work. A few weeks ago Josh caught his jeans on a nail and it made a little hole by the back pocket. the next day he was bending down to pick up a bag a of concrete and the hole turned into a rip that went from the top of the pocket past the bottom.

 
2:39 PM, March 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Never happened (yet!) at work, but I've ripped a few knees before (two pairs in about two weeks :S) and I did manage to rip about 6 inches, right under one butt cheek, getting into Mum's car once. She realised, and she and I were both laughing. Brother had no idea, and wondered why when I got out of the car at home, Mum and I were creased laughing, and I was walking funnily, clutching the seat of my jeans....

Callie

 
8:10 AM, March 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I feel your pain! So embarrassing when that happens...

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home