Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Warning: May be upsetting to dog lovers

As I was driving through Atalissa on my way home last night, I hit a doggy with my truck. She just ran right into my tire. I didn't even have time to slow down between the time that I saw her and when I hit her. My stomach just dropped out from under me. I pulled over to the side of the road, and met a van with a woman yelling, "Oreo!" I saw the dog before she saw me and drove over to him, and I ran up behind her. She lifted up the dog, saying, "Oreo, Oreo" like she was trying to keep her awake. She looked up and saw me, and I said, "I'm so sorry. She just ran out in front of me." She replied, "Her heart's still beating. It's okay, she likes to run."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"No, it's okay."

But it wasn't okay. As I turned to leave, I saw a boy running to catch up with his mother; he had such a stricken look on his face. He couldn't have been more than seven.

I'll probably never know if Oreo survived. But I hope she will.

8 Antiphon:

12:50 PM, March 28, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

That is a sad story. I, too, hope Oreo will be okay.

 
5:06 AM, March 29, 2005, Blogger Eileen

That must have been so scary for you. Hopefully Oreo will be okay. If he didn't die on impact, it's likely that he may have just broken something, and that'll heal.

 
6:35 AM, March 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Argh, how awful. But when they just appear like that, there's not a lot one can do. I hope Oreo will be OK.

~CosmicAvatar

 
12:42 PM, March 29, 2005, Blogger Ems

Yeah that sucks. I hit a cat once. I didnt know if it was anyone's cuz you know how cats run around back home. But it was really hard. I'm sure Oreo will be fine. Animals have amazing resiliency.

 
1:10 PM, March 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

It sounds horrible. I hope you are both OK.

Callie

 
10:15 PM, March 30, 2005, Blogger jenn

Oh sweets, I'm so sorry. And no, there isn't anything to be done at times like that. My dad went through the same thing a little while ago and then he was all worried that he shouldn't drive anymore. But sometimes there isn't anything that could have been done no matter what.

Many many hugs.

 
12:03 AM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Top site for bridesmaids dresses, plus size bridesmaid dress, bridesmaid cheap dress,bridesmaid discount dress,bridesmaid dress junior,bridesmaid dress plus size

 
12:04 AM, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Top site for bridesmaids dresses, plus size bridesmaid dress, bridesmaid cheap dress,bridesmaid discount dress,bridesmaid dress junior,bridesmaid dress plus size

 

Post a Comment

<< Home