Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Back to the old grind seems like such a cliche, but I suppose it's the truth. I can't say it was hard to go back to work today, but it certainly wasn't something I was looking forward to. I remember after summer vacations, I couldn't wait to go back to school. I think I would have been a big proponent of year-round schools, where you get three weeks off at a time. Three weeks is just long enough to get rested and bored and ready to do something again, I think. I should look up when I get more vacation days. After five years, maybe?

Went straight into audit season, though this first one I'm just doing fieldwork. No planning, no wrap-up, and it's just me and Deb, so I get all the easy sections. But then next week I'll have to start planning another one, so that won't be so rosy. Easing back into it is nice, though.

Oh, and I'm writing this down here, so I'll be held to it: I'm going to try and run in the mornings this week to see how it goes. I'm not sure I can do it, because getting my ass up in the morning is tough business, but I'm going to try. My alarm is going off at twenty to six tomorrow. Wait, I should see what time the sun comes up. I can't run in the dark, because I won't be able to see my watch. I'm going to freeze my buns off as it it.

4 Antiphon:

3:58 AM, April 26, 2005, Blogger Eileen

Good luck with the running. I finally got off my backside and went for my first run last night. I'm so proud!

 
4:50 AM, April 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Excellent decision re the running! I did that last summer and it works very well, once you get into the habit (unfortunately, I've been too lazy to make myself do it so far this year). Best of luck with that - you can do it!

~CosmicAvatar

 
12:12 PM, April 26, 2005, Blogger jenn

Good on ya for the running plans! I have managed to do that while at my sister's place and I've done the yoga in the mornings here at home (on and off). Just kinda depends on what went on the night before sometimes. But I end up feeling pretty damned proud of myself during the day and it takes the pressure off for the daily exercise (having it already done and all).

Yay you!

 
3:50 AM, May 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I already have to get up at 7 (if Mum's giving me a lift to the bus stop) or 6:45 (if she's not), so to add on an hour for the run, then at least 30-45 minutes for a shower...would mean getting up around 5am.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

I might do say 15 minutes of yoga (not all the poses but some), but running is always an after work thing for me.

Good luck though!

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home