Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, April 08, 2005

The Daily Show has completely warped my sense of humor. There are practical jokes floating all over the office today: Tim taped down the (flippy thing on the phone that the receiver sits on that activates the phone line - you know what I'm talking about, right? Does this thing have a name?) on Jeanette's phone so that when she lifted the receiver and pressed the button for her caller, she wasn't connected. "Hello? Hello?" She accidentally hung up on him. Hee! Good trick. I'll have to remember that one.

She teamed up with Barb to get back at him. They filled a paper cup full of paper punches and put it upside down on his chair so that when he lifts it up, there will be paper punches everywhere.

Do you know what made me laugh hardest today? The report, "Fidel Castro called President Bush's attendance at Pope John Paul II's funeral hypocritical." The irony had me rolling on the floor.

5 Antiphon:

11:16 AM, April 09, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

Is it wrong that I get most of my news from The Daily Show?

 
1:08 PM, April 09, 2005, Blogger Eileen

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
1:09 PM, April 09, 2005, Blogger Eileen

We have similar practical jokes in our office all the time. My favourites are taking the batteries out of people's wireless mouses (mice?) and similar to yours, unhooking the connection from the telephone handset so that when someone picks up their phone, they're not connected.

 
11:53 AM, April 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

We don't really play practical jokes in our office. Sad but true.

~CosmicAvatar

 
2:09 AM, April 13, 2005, Blogger Ems

I get ALL my news from the Daily Show. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home