Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, April 04, 2005

I like Daylight Saving Time. I like it so much, in fact, that I wish it was DST all year 'round. This switching back and forth thing is crap. They did a study, and while it doesn't take any time at all for people to get used to the change in the fall, when we get an extra hour, it takes people up to five days to get used to losing an hour. It's like jet lag, except you don't get to go anywhere.

There was an unexpected benefit today to losing an hour. I got to eat lunch an hour earlier today. My tummy liked that. It makes me think that maybe I need to adjust my eating habits. I eat breakfast around seven. By 9:30, I'm hungry again, so I usually have an English muffin or a piece of toast or something. By 11:00, I'm starving. So maybe I should actually start eating lunch earlier. Then I'd probably eat supper around fourish, which would give me a couple of hours to digest before TKD. And then I'm not hungry after TKD, and if I do eat, it's very light, like yogurt or cottage cheese or an apple. So I would be getting three meals in. I may try this.

Anyway, I had the usual problem waking up this morning. I commented this on Min's journal, but it's too clever of me not to repeat. My alarm went off at 6:00 a.m. as usual, and my body said, "WTF? It's 5 am!" and went back to sleep.

2 Antiphon:

4:24 PM, April 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Mmmmmm, muffin. Damn, I want another one now.

I'm sure I was going to say something else, but I'm afraid food has driven it out of my thoughts...

~CosmicAvatar

 
4:24 PM, April 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Mmmmmm, muffin. Damn, I want another one now.

I'm sure I was going to say something else, but I'm afraid food has driven it out of my thoughts...

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home