Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, April 22, 2005

I should have cleaned up my spare room months ago. I'm not done yet...I haven't done my books yet, because I haven't put together the bookcase yet. I found one last night at Target with Mom and Grandma that I actually liked, plus it only cost me $30. I love Target. Grandma wanted to buy a confirmation present for Nicole at Lemstone, so Mom brought her up - we went for an early supper at Olive Garden and bought confirmation presents and wandered the mall. It was fun - a night out with the girls. I said that to Grandma, and she was so flattered.

Anyway, the point of my post is that I was going through an overflowing tub of Stuff, when I found a clipping that I had kept from several years ago. I don't remember where I found it, but it was a phone number for opting out of pre-approved credit card offers. It was kind of like the Do Not Call list, but for junk mail. I signed up, and for two years, I did not receive those stupid offers. In the last year, I've started getting more and more of them, so I suppose the limit had expired, but I couldn't find the phone number. So I found it, and called it and found out they now have a permanent option. Sign me up for that stuff, baby!

They also have a website: Opt-Out Prescreen Read it all carefully, but I've used it, and it works.

2 Antiphon:

11:29 AM, April 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

The night out with the girls sounds great!

Callie

 
10:32 AM, April 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh, the joys of being able to opt out of all that shit! I've got telesales suppression, but really should do something about that bloody junk mail...

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home