Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I've gotten so much done in the past three days, I'm blowing off today as a freebee. I'm going to go get my hair done (I feel like a shag monster), and wander the mall a bit. Maybe read in Barnes N' Noble. I do still have to clean my bedroom and the spare room, which is a very daunting task. The spare room looks like I never moved in. It doesn't help that we're in that spot in the change of seasons where I'm wearing both my summer and my winter clothes. It would also help greatly if I would decide on a bookcase so I can get my books organized. They don't fit into my little one anymore, so I've got them piled around and in milk crates. That's high on my list of goals this week: I'm so sick of looking at that room.

I also started that running program that Jenn pointed out to me this morning. Didn't go too bad. I was going a little slower around the sixth or seventh round, but then I got my second wind, and then planned my route so rounds 11 and 12 were running down Melrose back to my house, so I had to put on a good show for the traffic. I get embarrassed if I'm plodding along in front of people.

I moved my hastas on Sunday from the front of the house to the north side, and they look pretty good. I just have to decide what to do with the flower beds now. I want to do something so that I don't have to plant the whole thing with annuals, so I need to figure out what perennials I want to put in there. I am also making plans for what I want to put in in the fall, since a lot of those flowers that I like best (irises, peonies) go in in the fall. I'm also thinking about what to do with the backyard, because I want some kind of deck or patio to hang out on. Maybe something near the back of the yard, with a stone or brick patio and an arbor for the blackberry bushes. Probably not this year, but within a couple, hopefully.

Other than that, been getting a lot of rest and reading and doing little chores that needed to be done, but never can quite get off my ass to do them. It's kinda like summer vacation!

8 Antiphon:

11:24 AM, April 19, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Nice to see you back as your bright and bouncy self.

 
4:15 PM, April 19, 2005, Blogger jenn

Ohhh, what a wonderful entry! And I hope you like the running clinic. I've found it to be most excellent (well, it is still running - but you know what I mean).

*hugs*

 
11:23 PM, April 19, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I might need a copy of that running program. I need to get in better shape.

 
3:22 AM, April 20, 2005, Blogger Eileen

I need to get off my backside and try that running program. I've been meaning to for ages. I printed it out yesterday. Does that count as a first step? ;)

 
11:06 AM, April 20, 2005, Blogger Ems

you sound a lot better and in higher spirits! I'm so glad. Will probably call after work. Ralph and Lori come back today so I have to go in early and prep the store.

 
11:58 AM, April 20, 2005, Blogger jenn

"I printed it out yesterday. Does that count as a first step?

In my books that counts and would get a sticker! I'm big on rewarding postive moves forward and sometimes it takes a bit to get really into something.

So I say yes!

 
4:40 PM, April 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I wondered if you were still going to do the running, as after you mentioned possibly doing it together (well you know what I mean- starting at the same time), I mentioned it a few times online, but you never replied.

I tried doing week 2's running today (rather than staying on week 1, to match you)- seeing if I could do it. Last time I tried it a few weeks ago, it was cool weather so my warm up wasn't enough, and both nights I tried I gave up. Today I did it [woohoo]

So I can tell you the pitfalls and how hard it is to progress :-)

Enjoy the pampering!

Callie

 
10:34 AM, April 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Well done on that running! *claps madly*

Shag monster has a rather different meaning in the UK to the one I believe you were intending. Teeheehee. Teeheehee.

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home