Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Last night was the annual Tae Kwon Do banquet. You know, now that I'm not lusting after anyone in the club, it's not as fun as it used to be. I miss having a crush. Not anyone in particular, just the fun of flirting and trying to figure out the responses you get back. The silly little "I hope he's going to be there" and "will he notice me?" and "what will I say?" and just those little things that make life a little more interesting.

Plus, there's nothing like finding someone else to fixate on to divest of you any last remaining vestiges of anything you felt for someone who obviously didn't care about you enough to call once in nine months.

3 Antiphon:

2:19 PM, April 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Ouch...

~CosmicAvatar

 
10:52 PM, April 30, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Bummer...

If you must know... I thought you looked quite cute.

It was too bad there weren't more people there, but the food was great. (Except for the Ribs...Who the Heck eats BBQ Ribs with a knife and fork in their best dress! I could see myself knifing a rib to have it go into someone's lap.)

 
3:43 AM, May 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Well good food and a chance to get dressed up is at least something. and maybe there'll be a crush in the future :-)

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home