Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

This is the next to last day of WSUI's semi-annual fund drive. Thank God. I am getting tired of hearing pleas for funds. I sent in my money, dammit, now quit asking me for more! They should have a special station for everyone who's given already - here's your receipt, and here's the special code for the non-fund drive programming. If I wasn't so addicted to NPR, I'd turn it off.

I have senioritis for tax season. I think I need to coin a new phrase. How about April-itis? There's gotta be some sort of shorthand for I-can't-stand-to-look-at-this-tax-return-anymore-so-I-spend-an-inordinate-amount-of-time-on-the-WD-and-cursing-all-my-stalkees-except-Min-for-not-updating-their-blogs-often-enough. It's about now that I have to go wander the halls and annoy people in order to get my second wind. Yesterday I emptied the dishwasher.

I should take a page from Amanda's book and go raid the liquor supply. I like my job. There's beer in the fridge.

3 Antiphon:

4:26 PM, April 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Urp, yes I'm a lazy Blogger. I mentally write posts, but then never type them- I'm a laxy internetter despite living online!

Will try to do more though, can't have you bored and crazy at work!

Callie

 
6:49 PM, April 08, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Phew! I was waiting for you to delete your double post. I was afraid that whichever one I commented on, someone else would comment on the other and it would be complete chaos.

Now, what was I going to say?

Oh, yes. I'm glad you didn't curse me. The last thing the world needs is for me to update any more than I do. :-)

 
11:56 AM, April 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Alcohol good! Although I'm rather shocked at the way a brand-new vodky bottle is down to about 15% in a week...

~CosmicBoozatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home