Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Two weeks!

I am going to rave about Lost today. I was listening to a program this week about Michael Eisner, and it said that he didn't like the show, so he tried to shoot it down. If he wasn't on my shit list before, that put the nail in the coffin. I adore this show.

After a long hiatus (which I have to admit, I was appreciative of, since Survivor was reprogrammed to the same slot for a couple weeks for March Madness), this last episode was worth the wait. After learning last time about a connection between Hurley's numbers and the island, we are treated to more "revelations" through Locke's dream. I have to admit, Locke is one of my favorite characters, and that may be bias, because I adore Terry O'Quinn, but his story seems to be holding me more than the others. Except maybe Hurley. I had been ranting about wanting some background on Hurley since November, and the last episode exceeded all my wildest expectations.

This show walks that fine balance between keeping me interested and making me frustrated. They only just reveal so much at a time, and there's so much more that I want to know. What's in the box? Where did the numbers come from? Why did Ethan kidnap Claire? What in the world is up with Locke? I can't even venture a guess as to what's going to happen next. Looking back on the season, it doesn't seem like we've gotten much plot development, but there has been so much going on, the show still feels full. It makes me wonder how much we'll get to learn this season and on how much they'll leave us hanging. There will definitely be a huge cliffhanger at the end of the season. They can't not. I'm going to spend the entire summer much like after Angel Season 3's end.

1 Antiphon:

10:10 PM, April 02, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

I know nothing of lost, but yay for (now slightly less than) two weeks. For some reason, it bothers me to no end to think of you working a bazilion hours. It will set my mind at ease when I know you have cut down. [up]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home