Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Good news and bad news on the teeth front. The good news is that I really am a hypochondriac and I have no cavities. (Wait a minute...being a hypocondriac is good news?) The bad news is I have receeding gum lines and the roots of my teeth are being exposed and causing sensitivity. The dentist said the first thing I can try is using my sensitive teeth formula as a salve: after I brush my teeth, I should apply some of the toothpaste to the sensitive areas. The potassium nitrate is supposed to help desensitize the exposed nerves.

I don't have periodonitis, which usually causes receding gum lines, but a quick look on the internet says that receding gum lines can also be caused by overbrushing. Which is probably my problem, because Dr. Bob said that I've cleaned my teeth so well, a professional cleaning wouldn't be of great benefit to me. Combine that with the fact that I haven't had them cleaned in three years, and overbrushing is a definite suspect.

So this is what I get for taking "such good care" of my teeth. Sheesh. An old person problem. What is it with me and old person problems? Though I do have the zit from hell erupting on my chin. Average out an old person problem with a teenager problem, and...I'm still 40.

2 Antiphon:

9:45 AM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

It's a Catch-22. Clean too thoroughly and get receding gums. Don't clean enough and get lovely plaque-related issues. Pffft. On the positive side, no fillings! Whoopee!

~CosmicAvatar

 
11:05 AM, May 18, 2005, Blogger jenn

Gahhhh, how insane are bodies? But yeah, rather attached to mine. Glad to hear there are no cavities and, er, I dunno - I doubt I'm supposed to suggest you brush less...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home