Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I went to lunch yesterday with Aunt Judy and Uncle Dan. I usually try to have lunch with Aunt Judy when I'm auditing at the United Way, since her law office is in the same building, and Uncle Dan decided he'd like to come along. When we sat down, I said, "It's been a long time since we've done this. I remember going to a hotel to eat, and Uncle Dan had the catfish." Aunt Judy looked at me a moment, and said, "You remember that? That was for the fifth anniversary of your baptism." I was surprised that I was only five, but it was nice to know that I do keep *some* memories. Plus, I think Aunt Judy was quite pleased that I remembered.

We had a nice lunch, even though the Three Samurai is now on my top ten list of places not to go when you're in any type of a hurry. It took 10 minutes for the waitress to show up at our table and another forty for the food to get there. Definitely not a lunch hour place, but oh, so yummy. Their sushi is the BEST. It just melts in your mouth....

And, I got a Japanese lilac out of the deal. They dug one out of their yard and asked me if I wanted it. I think I'll plant it by the garage, so I can see it from the kitchen and smell it every time I go to or leave my truck. Lilacs smell so wonderful.

1 Antiphon:

4:59 AM, May 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I've got a memory like that, I was about 5 or 6 I think, and some Canadian relatives were over- we got a late night call, and went to meet them for a drink. It was quite exciting!

I really should try sushi sometime, right?

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home