Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'm not really in a good mood right now. As in right now, I mean the past couple weeks. I think my problem is that I'm tired of being an adult. I'm tired of adult responsibilities, I'm tired of adult relationships, I'm tired of adult jobs. I'm tired of being pulled all these directions at once. It's no one's fault, and I feel like I'm being immature, but if one more person asks for a demand on my time, I'm going to scream. I don't feel like that all the time, but I wanna do what I wanna do, not what other people want me to do. I was hoping to slow down for a while, but I seem busier than ever.

I'm going to go shower now, but only because I smell and I have to go out in public, not because I want to.

3 Antiphon:

4:09 PM, May 14, 2005, Blogger Technomage

I know exactly what you mean. For the first time in 13 years, I got a chance to play in a swimming pool today, because the kids are now old enough I don't have to check them every five seconds to see if they are drowning.

Great thing for me is that summer vacation is here and I can sit around the house in my underwear, eating bon-bon anbd watching Oprah. (Is that TMI?)

I suggest you take a cruise or vacation some place fun away from the world for awhile.

 
4:57 AM, May 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I hope you can find some quality you time soon!

Maybe have a night where you switch the phone to silent, have your favourite food, a stonking dessert and your favourite film? In your PJs with a comfy blanket on the sofa?

Hmmm I want to do that now!

Hugs,

Callie

 
2:31 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Ems

Hummmm, a vacatiion? I'm lonely, come visit me. We can go fishing. And take a drive to Denali and see some big mountains. Nothing is more relaxing than a sceneic drive, when you arent driving, And who has better scenery then me? No one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home