Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

It was a nice day for a birthday. I started celebrating on Saturday. After a long day of lawn care and house cleaning, I took a wonderful long shower in the clean tub (which doesn't happen very often - the clean tub, I mean - cleaning the tub is my least favorite job) and cooked one of my favorite meals: three cheese ravioli in garlic sauce, ate an entire bar of the chocolate Leah sent me from Germany and watched Angel episodes all night, guilt-free, because I had gotten so much done that day.

I woke up early Sunday morning, on my own, because I'm getting so old and stuff, and read for a while. The I watched A Hole in the World and bawled my eyes out, and then went to church. I drove home to the farm, and we had a weenie roast, which is a long standing tradition for my birthday. Even longer standing than strawberry pie, so it made me feel young. Those were damn good hot dogs, too. Also in long standing tradition, it was windier than all get out, so it was an excercise in keeping our food on the picnic table, but it was really warm, and the wind kept the gnats away.

I got pots and pans for my birthday. Really nice, heavy Revereware. I can't wait to get them washed so I can cook something and not leave bits of pan in my food. The stuff I've been using I got as second-hand when I started college, so most of it is in pretty bad shape and will get tossed. Pretty, pretty pots and pans!

2 Antiphon:

3:58 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger jenn

Ohmygoodness! Happy Birthday! We share a birthday month (which is the best month ever!)

Sounds like a lovely day. Mmmmm, strawberry pie? Excuse me as I wipe the drool from the keyboard.

 
10:57 AM, June 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Wait, I didn't know it was your birthday!

Damnit, I'm late!

Happy birthday, and it sounjds like it was a stonking day, so woo!

Hugs, Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home