Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, May 27, 2005

This is day six of misery. I went back and looked at the bushes where I was working, because I didn't clear out Max's half of the bushes, and he had poison ivy, so I think that's what I have, instead of poison oak. How could I have been so blasé? This Ivarest stuff I've been using has done a pretty good job controlling the itch, but it's just so uncomfortable, especially the patch between my fingers. I've started wearing mittens to bed, so I don't scratch, and that's helped keep the Ivarest on the blisters while I sleep. I'm so uncomfortable! That and I made the mistake of reading horror stories on the internet. I just need to stop looking at it. Ignore it, it will go away.

4 Antiphon:

10:26 AM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

I'm sorry you are suffering! I've never had poison ivy (or oak). Is there anything that can be done (I'm thinking doctor intervention), or do you just have to wait it out?

 
12:04 PM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Amanda

It's mostly toughing it out. There are treatments if it's really bad or starts spreading, but I don't think I've got either. I like to whine, so it probably sounds worse than it is, but it *is* really annoying. I'll go to the doctor next week if I don't see improvement over the weekend.

 
1:27 PM, May 27, 2005, Blogger Ems

pour some bleach on it. It will sting like hell but the itching will go away and it will dry up the blisters. We did that to Matthew when he got it but it worked.Just a suggestion.

 
7:37 PM, May 27, 2005, Blogger jenn

Umm, can you get them to knock you out and keep you on some IV food source for a few days until it is better. by the way, this is my solution to child birth as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home