Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, May 02, 2005

When I was at my parents' house, I walked into their bedroom as Mom was getting out clothes to wear the next day and stopped short. Under Mom's side of the bed was a bag of rock salt. One of those heavy bags. I looked for a moment and asked, "Why is there a bag of rock salt under the bed?"

Mom laughed and replied, "That takes my place in bed for your father when I'm not there."

See, Dad works swing shift and often does not sleep when Mom does. They have one of those Sleep Number beds that you can adjust each side to the sleeper's preference. Dad likes his bed nearly deflated, so when Mom isn't in the bed, it doesn't provide the support for his air chamber and it's softer. I don't know why he just doesn't adjust it to his liking. A bag of rock salt. *shakes head*

4 Antiphon:

10:37 AM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Heeeee! Is it easy to adjust? It would certainly make more sense to do that.

 
11:40 AM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Just as long as he doesn't cuddle with it....

 
4:54 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I was expecting you to say he cuddled up to it! Not saying your Dad likes to snuggle rock salt, but just having something to rest your arm over etc.

Sometimes I hug my Sully bear (from Monsters Inc), because it's nice having something in my arms. I've learnt though, not to leave my dinner plate near my bed. Poor Sully landed face first onto some fishfingers one night... [crazy]

Callie

 
9:54 AM, May 09, 2005, Blogger Eileen

That's kind of sweet, in an amusing way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home