Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hodgepodge Day

I had a really weird dream last night. I have these elastic headbands that I use to hold my bangs back from my face when I wash it. I dreamt that these headbands turned evil and when people put them on, they would slip down around their necks and choke them to death.

I love new clothes. I broke my promise to myself not to buy anything this month, because I found a cute green camisole and shrug deal at Target with a brown skirt. I look cute. And the best part is, I have a green bra to wear under the cami, so I match.

I watched 30 Days last night on FX. It was really good. I thought it very appropo, considering my last entry. The guy from SuperSize me and his fiance tried to live on minimum wage for 30 days. It was incredible how hard they worked with so little to show for it. Alex walked to and from work every day to save $2.50. Definitely makes me appreciate what I have.

Part of my duties for work includes being involved in a community activity. I joined the Chamber Ambassdors, and our main duty is to show up at businesses that are having ribbon cuttings. There's more to it than that, like organizing the Chamber golf outing and being the face of the Chamber at community business functions, but that's mostly it. At each one of these things, someone volunteers to speak. Today was the first time I volunteered. It's like speech class when you were a teenager. Everyone said I did a really good job, though, so it wasn't like that time I gave a speech on cancer and pronounced 'benign' wrong through the whole thing. How was I supposed to know the 'g' was silent?

My grandma is so funny. I was calling up all my relatives last night to invite them to lunch for my parents' 30th anniversary, and Grandma didn't answer the phone. Her message went something like this:

"Hello, you have reached Hazel. I can't answer the phone, but please leave a message..........(background noise).........(radio)...........(more noise).........Oh, shoot! BEEP"

I about laughed up a lung.

4 Antiphon:

5:03 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger jenn

I like the message! Ohmy, my gran's name was Hazel too!

 
9:51 AM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

That message is great!

 
7:01 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Ems

I almost choked myself there... Grandma is great.

 
8:12 AM, June 20, 2005, Blogger Amanda

They also interviewed people at the temp center and free medical clinic who had been doing it their whole lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home