Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

It's funny how your life seems boring when you're looking forward to something. I did all kinds of fun stuff this weekend. Friday afternoon the office went to pick out new furniture: I sat in office chair after office chair, and I picked out two for them to drop off so I can try them out. Then FAC (Friday afternoon coffee) at the Java House with Chelsea. Saturday I spent with my mom at Menards and Lowe's, since she was looking for cushions for her porch furniture, and I just like wandering home improvement places and dreaming.

I don't think I'll be able to afford new windows this year like I'd hoped. The ones that I like cost $350 a window, plus I have some odd-sized windows that will need to be specially made. *Sigh* I wonder what it would be like to build your own house. All those options...I don't know how anyone could decide, especially if you had the money to be able to do what you wanted.

I wish there was something going on at work to keep me occupied. It's been a constant struggle looking for things to do - it would have been so much better if I could have taken a two week vacation this month instead of August, but then Lew couldn't have come with, and I wouldn't have been able to get my act together in time anyway. Besides, I'd much rather miss out on August weather than June weather, although it has felt like August lately. I think this week is supposed to be better.

2 Antiphon:

1:21 AM, June 13, 2005, Blogger Ems

you wouldnt want to be here right now any way. we're having late August weather. Rain every day. Today was the first time it has been sunny all day for the last two weeks. Stupid sun. Its still out. It could be cloudy right now. Then I could sleep.

 
10:25 AM, June 13, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

I want new windows at my house too! I absolutely hate the windows we have. They are the original windows, I've been told, which means they are over 50 years old. Unfortunately, every window in our house is an odd-size. We got a quote once of $10,000, which made me very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home