Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's official! Tickets are bought. Lew and I will be visiting Emily in Alaska August 6-15. I'm so excited! This will be my first real vacation since I started working. Real as in actually going somewhere for fun. Not to discount Kristen and Todd's wedding in St. Louis, but I get to fly! I've flown twice before, once to Germany and once to Minneapolis for my internship. I don't remember if Lew's flown before, at any rate, I got window seats not over the wing so we can look out the window. It was so cool looking out the window on my flight to Minneapolis, because since it was such a short flight, much of it was spent at a lower altitude. It was so cool seeing the checkerboard pattern of the roads and fields. I'm going to visit my sister!

3 Antiphon:

5:05 PM, June 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Your first real vacation since you started work? Sounds like a cause for celebration, all right.

~CosmicAvatar

 
6:59 PM, June 04, 2005, Blogger Technomage

If you fly out of Cedar Rapids make sure you get a chance to see the annual cornfield mural as you take off. Depenping on which runway you go out on you should get a great view.

 
8:37 PM, June 04, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Yay! That sounds excellent.

I used to choose window seats, but when I travel with Dwayne, we end up with window and middle seat. There is always some complete stranger in the aisle seat who falls asleep when I have to pee. Now I choose middle and aisle. [nod]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home