Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sheesh. I think this applicant is stalking me. This woman called Sunday to inquire about the apartment, and we set up a viewing for this evening. She has since called me three times. Each time I'm thinking, you can ask this at the showing. Why are you calling me?

Plus, she gave her contact number as the Shelter House. I'm thinking possible collection issues. Good thing I run credit checks. There's no way I can float a late payer for too long. Which makes me very nervous, because if I don't get a renter in there or if the renter doesn't have good credit, my credit is at risk.

It makes me question the wisdom of my financing structure. Of course, I could always cut back some of my expenses. I used to live on less than $1000 a month, including rent, when I was in college. Not exactly the lifestyle you want to have in your late twenties, but I could do it. There are tons of people out there that are so much worse off than I am. But it doesn't mean that I can't do everything I can not to become one of them.

2 Antiphon:

2:12 PM, June 14, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Our house costs very nearly half our monthly income. (This, because I work part-time.) We are very careful with our money, but the house sucks up so much of it that we never seem to have any.

We've heard rumors that our house has increased in value from $215,000 to $300,000 in the three years since we bought it! Sometimes I have thoughts of selling it and moving somewhere cheaper. Of course, cheaper property rates usually mean cheaper wages too. *sigh*

 
11:45 AM, June 15, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to live on around $500 a month since my rent and bills total around $400, but then I realize I eat about 3-4 times a week at Josh's so he is usually paying for most of it. What would I eat if I didn't have a boyfriend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home