Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm starting to think I'm cursed. Me and camping don't seem to get along. I enjoy it. But it doesn't seem to like me. More precisely, the weather seems to gang up on me when I camp. Granted, it wasn't so bad this time, it was only rain. It didn't start until after midnight, and let up just enough in the morning for us to pack up the campsite and leave.

But Todd and Kristen's bachelor/bachelorette party was fun. Swimming in the lake, grilling over a fire, sleeping in tents, and copious amounts of beer, plus drinking games. Always a good time. Also, a five-gallon bucket of cheese puffs. That is some good eatin' right there.

I put myself in charge of breakfast. Several years ago, I was taught this trick where you can cook bacon and eggs over a fire in a paper lunch bag. The grease from the bacon is supposedly supposed to keep the bag from catching on fire. That didn't keep the bag from catching on fire when the fire got stoked and I had my back turned. Whoops. Oh well, it was salvageable. I don't know what it is in the combination, but mmm, mmm.

Wedding weekend starts on Thursday. This is going to be so much fun!

1 Antiphon:

6:59 AM, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Cooking in a paper bag? Ingenious!

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home