Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I am absolutely knackered. Jet lag in the extreme. I slept maybe an hour on the red-eye. I watched the sun set in Alaska, and then watched it rise in Minnesota over the five-hour flight. The sunrise was really pretty. I don't think I've seen such a deep red, though I don't watch many sunrises either.

We got in at 8:45, and Lew and I immediately took naps. I forced myself to wake up by 3:00. I was so ready to go back to bed the entire afternoon, by by evening I was so tired, I couldn't sleep. Horrible feeling, and I have immense sympathy for people with insomnia. I think it was 2 a.m. before I finally fell asleep.

Fun little Amanda story: on the way to the plane, I hurt myself three times in about fifteen minutes. In the Blazer on the way to the airport, Emily had set the dinner leftovers on our luggage, and it fell off as she took a turn. She asked if it had spilled, and I was in the backseat, so I volunteered to check. Turning around, I rammed my knee into the seatbelt buckle, and those things didn't move a whit. I wimpered in the backseat all the rest of the way there.

At the airport, I remembered I shouldn't have my camera in my luggage if I actually wanted pictures to develop, so I pinched my finger in my suitcase checking it. Then I remembered I had put it in the glove compartment of the Blazer, so I went back out to get it. On my way out the automatic sliding doors, I completely missed the opening and walked right into the door. Em and Lew thought that was a great show, and I couldn't helping laughing myself all the way out to the car. I'm such a klutz.

3 Antiphon:

11:42 AM, August 18, 2005, Blogger jenn

Oh dear, all those accidents BEFORE you were sleep deprived!

;)

 
2:39 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

"Knackered", that's a new one to me!

You're a disaster!!

 
2:45 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Ah, yes. Blame my British friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home