Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, August 15, 2005

I challenge anyone to think of a greater invention than indoor plumbing. You don't appreciate what you have until you have to use pit toilets for a weekend. I think I went to the bathroom about half the time I usually did, just so I wouldn't have to go use the pit toilet. I can't think of anything that smelled so bad. It just made you want to vomit.

But the rest of it was fun. I didn't catch any fish, but my attitude about fishing is the same as for golfing: however you do, enjoy being outside. I did get pretty sunburnt on the one arm. Silly me forgot sunscreen at all the opportune times. We fished mostly Saturday. In the morning, we fished for trout in the main lake, and then we got this tip for a little-fished pond where the pike were biting. It was pretty marshy, so just me and Lew and Smitty (Matt's friend) went out there. I went in my bare feet and squished around. The water was only ever up to my ankles. By this time, it was the heat of the day, so nothing was biting. Smitty stayed out there, and Lew and I went back to camp for a nap. Smitty came back around suppertime with a whole mess of pike, so we ate that and some halibut he had brought along for supper. Mmm, mmm, good!

Today was overcast and cold and misty - the first day of not-so-great weather we've had so far, so we've been extremely lucky. We got back, unpacked, and cleaned up in time for our dinner reservations at a restaurant called the Brew House. I had the Alaskan King Crab...so, so tasty.

We'll figure out something to do tomorrow, since our plane doesn't leave until 9:30 p.m. I'm not looking forward to losing those three hours!

4 Antiphon:

2:57 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Ems

Actually. its Alaska, and it IS heaven

 
10:19 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Welcome Home.

Where are the pictures? I want to see pictures! How am I supposed to live vicariously through your blog without picture? I think you need to bite the bullet and buy a really cool digital camera.

BTW - I like the spam you caught.

 
12:57 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Amanda

"How am I supposed to live vicariously through your blog without picture?"

Use your imagination.

Have patience. You will see pictures when I have them developed.

 
11:16 AM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Technomage

My imagination gets me in trouble...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home