Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I don't know what I was thinking. I have plenty of clothes. Except the jeans - those I needed, but I bought them, so I'm good on that front. Most everything I need to pack is at least pulled out of drawers, except for my swishy pants, which I think I'll have to hunt through my winter clothes tubs to find. I was very good yesterday while I was shopping: I tried on a bunch of clothes at Target, decided I didn't really need them, and put them back on the racks. Then I went and picked out $30 of snack food. Whoops.

Hey! We will be spending a lot of time on airplanes and in airports during prime snacking time, and I need choices. What with airlines getting all skimpy on the food, I'm going to need to know it's available, otherwise, I'll be hungry just on the mere principle of the thing. Let's see...I picked up Cheddar Flavor-Blasted Goldfish, chocolate Twizzlers, York Peppermint Patties, Ritz Smores, and beef jerky and sour gummi worms for the maroon. And juice packs. Emily said I'd probably need a suitcase just for snacks. Maybe I do. I am, after all, carrying mostly entertainment in my carry-on. Hopefully I can hand off one of the books to my brother - he's borrowing Half-Blood Prince, and I picked up The Historian, which is 900 pages long. I went to her reading at Live from Prairie Lights a while ago, and decided I wanted to read it. (Link includes Real Audio of the reading. Scroll down to July 12th.) Heavy books. Plus, I'll be carrying my bathroom bag, and pajamas and a change of clothes for potential loss of luggage issues.

Laundry is done, rides to/from the airport arranged, iShuffle updated...I think I just need to pack. I gotta be missing something. Maybe it's because I haven't packed yet. Easy to forget something if you think of it, and then forget it while you're packing.

I don't travel often. Can you tell?

4 Antiphon:

1:26 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Ems

Thats why you make lists. I make my first one about two weeks before I leave. then I review it later to see if I have forgotten anything, or if I included something I didnt really need. It is divided into Clothes, Shoes, Accessories, Personal care, and Other and , if its a buisness trip I have a category for that too, paperwork, access badges, Buisness cards, etc. Then I decide what goes in checked luggage and what goes in carry on and then each item is checked off only after it is actually placed in its designated piece of luggage.

I travel a lot.

 
9:22 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

Emily, I don't think I can be that organized. I am totally impressed! I would probably loose the list I made, which is what happens almost everytime I go to the grocery store. I am leaving for a week tomorrow, and I haven't even packed yet!

Amanda, it is good that you bought jeans and figured out what you actually needed. If you can't find your swishy pants and need a pair of comfy pants to borrow stop by my place. I probably have something.

 
10:29 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Ems

I have to be that organized. I am a total airhead so if I dont have it all written down and organized, I will forget. And trust me, I have lost some lists in my time. LOL.

 
6:34 AM, August 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm with Ems. Lists are a must when you're packing to go a-travelling. Although in my case it's divided into Me, H, and Both Of Us. Very scientific.

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home