Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, August 05, 2005

It's very difficult to see the three of the strongest men in your life cry.

Aunt Joan wrote a wonderful tribute, and I learned a lot about my grandma. I saw pictures I'd never seen before, and I learned that she had been a very beautiful, stylish woman. There was one of her as a baby, and you could tell it was her, because the eyes were exactly the same. I wish I could have known more about her life. If you look at when she was born, and the age she was during some of the most interesting times of the twentieth century...her life story must have been fascinating. She went to college in the late twenties. She had just gotten married and was starting a family during the depression. Her husband went to WWII while she had three children at home. She sent children to fight in the Korean and Vietnam wars. She saw inventions: the automobile, the washing machine, the television, the computer. The world she left was not the same one she came into.

We buried a kind, generous, resourceful, loving, incredible woman today.

1 Antiphon:

12:58 PM, August 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Sounds like she had a very memorable life and affected a lot of people. It's never easy saying goodbye to someone like that.

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home