Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, September 09, 2005

I am so freakin' pissed. I got my new contacts in the mail yesterday, and I was so excited. The first new pair I've had in eleven years, and my vision is completely fuzzy. All right, I think, I'll call, I'll send them home with Mom and she can take them to the Vision Center and they can get them fixed.

First of all, I get hooked up with a woman who thinks I'm a moron. I called, left a message, spelled my name so they could pull my file and take a look to see if they ordered it wrong. The woman calls back, "You have a problem with your contacts?" Yes, that's what I said in my message. "Yes, I got my new contacts in the mail yesterday, and the prescription is wrong." "Do you have them in the wrong eyes?" If you had pulled my file, you would know I've been wearing contacts for almost twenty years, and that the prescription between my eyes isn't different enough to make a whit of difference. Plus, there's a black dot on the right eye for new contacts, so you can't mix them up. But I know people in general are stupid, so I'll supress the fact that you think I am. "Yeah, I tried that. Plus, there's the black dot on the right eye." "Well, let me pull your file, and I'll call you back."

"It looks like your left eye is only a quarter of a point different than your right, so that wouldn't make that much of a difference." Yep, thanks for letting me know. "Yes, I'm wearing my old contacts, because the prescription is so bad with these I can't see to drive. The prescription is wrong." "The prescription can't be wrong. I think we'll have to have you come in and see the doctor with them in."

WTF???? "The prescription can't be wrong"???? Then why the hell can't I see out of these contacts? Someone fucked something up along the way, and now I have to take out a Saturday morning and spend $20 on gas for a trip to Muscatine because someone is incompetent. I'm raving pissed. "The prescription can't be wrong" my ass.

2 Antiphon:

6:26 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Ems

Matthew thinks it would be cool if everyone had a little message balloon above their heads that shows what that person is thinking. I think I'd be arrested. And this situation illustrates why. People are stupid.

 
2:36 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

What a twat.

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home