Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I woke up around six o'clock this morning. Not from the tailgaters in line for the lot, but from a nightmare. I dreamt I was parking cars, but not at my house. I was parking them at my parents' house, and evidently, Dad had died and I had inherited the house, which was in the same place as my house, because the Olive Ct. lot was "down that way". At any rate, I woke up (in my dream) on game day, with tailgaters already parked in the circular drive and in the yard. I started going 'round to collect money. People kept bitching at me for having to pay $20, and I was like, then you shouldn't have parked in my yard, and then someone tried to pay me in foreign currency, and I was trying to figure out if it would cover the fee, since they didn't have any other money. That's when I woke up for real.

Trust an accountant to have a nightmare about translating foreign currency.

4 Antiphon:

11:15 PM, September 03, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

I tried to get a Canadian cashier's check in the amount of $15 yesterday. The bank wanted to charge me $25 to do it, so I took the couple dollar loss and sent American money instead.

What? You were talking about foreign currency, right? ;-)

 
8:10 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I can rarely remember my dreams like you can. I think most of mine are boring.

 
12:33 AM, September 05, 2005, Blogger Ems

I totally had a dream about mom and dad's house to, only it was mine and it was all flooded, remeber like in '91. And The water was everywhere and when I went outside to survey the damage there was mud all the way up the side of the house to underneath our window but the inside of the house was fine, cuz thats where we were hiding. And for some reason we could still go out n the porch and watch the water gushing out from under the highway, (Like it did in '91).

I have GOT to stop watching news clips from New Orleans. Katrina is screwing with my sleep!

 
2:48 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Scary dream. Scary!

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home