Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, September 26, 2005

I've been watching too much CSI or something. I dreamt last night that we found an emaciated body in the garden. Lew and I were doing some gardening in our parents' garden, which was basically a swamp. Part of it was like the marsh where we fished in Alaska, but part of it was mucky and gunky and deep. That's where we found the body. I yelled at Lew to call 911, but he wouldn't do it for some reason, so I had to swim out of the swamp and run to the house to call. Ugh.

I did some long-neglected chores yesterday that felt good to have done. I organized and swept out the garage, and swept all the cobwebs and bug bodies and accumulated dust from the basement. Both look much better, and weren't as bad as I'd procrastinated them out to be. Of course, the stink of the garage is still pretty bad, as that's where I keep my garbage before I set it out to be picked up. Sometimes I'd think it would be better if I generated more garbage, so it wouldn't sit outside for so long until I had enough accumulated to make a full bag. It's not so bad in the winter, since it freezes, but when it sits in an unventilated garage during 100 degree+ heat, it can start smelling pretty bad. Even my truck is starting to pick it up. Fortunately, tomorrow is garbage day. Hope I remember to go buy garbage stickers.

I got a letter Saturday from my aunt, and it started out "Thank you so much for agreeing to be servers for Rachael's (my cousin) wedding!" And I'm thinking: I don't remember being asked to be a server. I'm about ready to chalk it up to my poor memory, although I don't know how I'd forget that, when I notice that the letter is also addressed to Emily, who is not coming to the wedding. Why would Emily be on this letter if she had been asked and said she's not going to be able to come? Maybe I hadn't been asked after all. But before I get all up in arms about assuming I'll be serving at this wedding, I'll have to find out if I've actually been asked to do it.

3 Antiphon:

12:39 PM, September 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Yello!

Live from holiday, this is!

And ewww for the dream, but CSI is all good, so [up]

Callie

 
9:00 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Ems

You didnt get asked. I didnt get asked. I thought maybe they were just makjing it an "honorary Server" or something. Your memory is fine. Unless I am losing my memory too.

 
3:42 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Maybe your aunt is losing her memory instead...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home