Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, September 19, 2005

My mother has done an evil thing. Anyone who knows me knows I hate to be in suspense. If you're going to suprise me, don't tell me there will be a surprise. I will agonize and obsess the entire time.

I get a voice mail on Friday: Would you be available on an early Sunday afternoon in early April? I know that's your busy season, and it wouldn't be evening, just late morning/early afternoon.

Okaaay. I call, leave a message: we've slowed down by early April, and I try and take Sundays off during tax season anyway. What on earth are you planning eight months in advance?

When I finally actually get to talk to her and ask the question, I get: "Christmas present? A suprise."

I hate suprises! What on earth do you have to plan eight months ahead of time besides a wedding? And it's not a wedding. Can you help me come up with some ideas? If I have something to latch onto, even if it's not right, I can make it eight months. Help!

5 Antiphon:

9:17 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Technomage

First impulse is your parents are going to renew their vows, or something alongs this lines and you are getting a dress.


Or Maybe your mom has gotten desperate and taken matter into her own hands and arranged a marriage for you. lol :)

 
10:49 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

Maybe they found the guy that was hitting on us at the bar!

Hmm...Let me come up with a real idea. Maybe they want to get tickets to something. or maybe it is out of state. Any concerts, plays or musicals you want to go to? It's a Christmas present for you that occurs in April? What's going on at Hancher at that time?Do you want to see Mamma Mia!?

 
8:36 AM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Chelsea, that's totally what it was. I called her up and said, "I'm not interested in seeing Mamma Mia" and she said "You're not?!"

Then she was all disappointed and I felt bad. :(

 
1:17 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger Technomage

Good call Chelsea. Just going to show how our personal baggage and desires effect our reasoning. Didn't see the play thing at all.

 
4:27 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I totally rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home