Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, October 07, 2005

I love new clothes. When it got really cold that one day a couple weeks ago, I pulled out my winter clothes, and there was nothing in those tubs. I think I wore a lot of sweaters last year. I had to get a wedding present for Rachael and Shawn anyway, so I made a trip to Target.

I am so in love with Target! I bought two entire outfits for $80. I wore one yesterday, and the other today. I am wearing plaids with stipes, which, you know you are told never, ever to mix. If my dad ever tried to pull off this outfit, I would not be willing to be seen in public with him. But I like it. I feel bold and stylish. It's like something Carrie Bradshaw would wear.

Wearing new clothes just make you feel good. Waiting two weeks to wear them, knowing they're there and you'll get to wear them sometime soon, is even better.

2 Antiphon:

8:50 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

I have two new outfits that I will wear to the writers' conference. I like waiting, because that makes them special clothes, but sometimes I get so impatient! In exactly 14 days I will be wearing my new clothes!

 
4:55 PM, October 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm the other way- if I have new clothes I'm excited about (instead of OK about), I want to wear them right away. Otherwise, they lose their exciting newness.

I bought a lower thick sand/white weave jumper yesterday though :-D

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home